5.1.11

Syllabub

Inspired by Nigellas Syllabub, I tried making the same with the liqueur I could find in my alc. cabinet. I found a cranberry and cherry liqueurs. And it was a huge success! So here it goes. I hope you enjoy this too.


Ingredients and procedure:







1. Juice 1 lemon and strain the pulps and seeds, place the juice in the mixing bowl and add
3/4 cups of sugar.














2. Whisk in a 250 ml tub of Mascarpone cheese.
















3. Add 1/4 cup (well... go nuts!) of cranberry or cherry liqueur and a 250 ml whipping cream. Continue to whisk until thick. Set aside.














4. This is what I found in my cabinet!















5. Arrange 6 pcs. of dessert glasses. Crumble about 1 pc. of a vanilla biscuit. Digestive will also do.













6. Layer it with the cream mixture about 1/2 inch thick.











7. Add a layer of raspberry sauce.

I used a small bag of frozen raspberry (if using fresh, you need about 1 ½ cups) run it in a food processor with about 1/4 cup sugar. Strain to get rid of the seeds.












8. Add a thin layer of crumbled biscuit and almond flakes. (for texture)














9. Add another layer of cream.














10. Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for about 2 hours before serving. Preparing this a day before serving, works well.













11. Top with some cherries and some more almond flakes. Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment