1 1/2 cup warm water
1 1/8 teaspoon active dry yeast
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup bread flour
3 cups regular flour
2 cups Warm water
2 tablespoons baking soda
4 tablespoons butter (melted)
and sugar for dusting
3. Add flour 1 cup at a time, mixing every after addition.
4. When incorporated, knead the dough for at least 10 minutes or ntil the dough is smooth and elastic.
Leave it to rise for at least ½ an hour.
5. Start forming the pretzels. The thinner the pretzels, the crispier it will become.
6. After the pretzels have been formed, dip them in a mixture of 2 cups hot water and 2 tbsp. of baking soda.
7. Lay the pretzels in a greased baking sheet and leave to rise for a few minutes, then put in an oven, 230 degs C for 10 minutes or until brown enough.
8. Roll in melted butter and sprinkle with mixture of sugar and cinnamon (just the way you want it)
9.You can sprinkle coarse salt instead of sugar.
Or make a caramel sauce:
Heat 1 cup of white sugar until it caramelizes. Add 6 tbsp. butter, stir until incorporated. Turn off the fire. Slowly add ½ cup of heavy cream. Keep stirring until smooth. Let it cool and it will thicken.